All Apps and Add-ons

creating customized panels within tabs

lemikg
Communicator

Hi splunkers,

I have a pulldown with a selection oft host, which will be passed down to three different tabs.

Is it possible to create panels and Charts oft each tab individually?

Amy reference would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers
Mike

1 Solution

sideview
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

This seems at least very close to being a duplicate of http://splunk-base.splunk.com/answers/76218/how-to-pass-values-from-pulldown-to-a-tab

However I'll treat it as a separate question in that here you're talking more about each Tab having it's own module config, where each branch is arbitrarily different from the others.

The answer there is the Switcher module. The Sideview Tabs module just acts sort of like a Pulldown module - it implements something from which the user can select a single value, and sends that key downstream. If you want to fork over to different config based on that value, that's what Switcher does.

If you're used to the core Splunk TabSwitcher module, you have to unlearn things a bit because in the core module both of these quite different functions were jammed into one module.

90% of the time with the Sideview Tabs module you don't actually need the Switchery, and more surprisingly, Switcher can be used downstream from PostProcess and ResultsValueSetter in some really surprising ways.

Hope this helps, and check out the documentation within Sideview Utils about the Switcher module!

View solution in original post

0 Karma

sideview
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

This seems at least very close to being a duplicate of http://splunk-base.splunk.com/answers/76218/how-to-pass-values-from-pulldown-to-a-tab

However I'll treat it as a separate question in that here you're talking more about each Tab having it's own module config, where each branch is arbitrarily different from the others.

The answer there is the Switcher module. The Sideview Tabs module just acts sort of like a Pulldown module - it implements something from which the user can select a single value, and sends that key downstream. If you want to fork over to different config based on that value, that's what Switcher does.

If you're used to the core Splunk TabSwitcher module, you have to unlearn things a bit because in the core module both of these quite different functions were jammed into one module.

90% of the time with the Sideview Tabs module you don't actually need the Switchery, and more surprisingly, Switcher can be used downstream from PostProcess and ResultsValueSetter in some really surprising ways.

Hope this helps, and check out the documentation within Sideview Utils about the Switcher module!

0 Karma

lemikg
Communicator

ok, got it. What I was looking for was something like this:

panel_row4_col1_grp1, panel_row4_col1_grp2 and panel_row4_col1_grp3

anyway thanks a lot. Sideviews Utils really is making life much easier.

best regards
Mike

0 Karma

lemikg
Communicator

worked, thanks. The problem I have now is the following.
I have all my SimpleResultsTable in panel_row4_col1. I would like to create a view, where each tab has its own structure or panel design i.e.

tab1 with the results in
panel_row4_col1

tab2 with the results in
panel_row4_col1 and panel_row4_col2

tab3 with the results in
panel_row4_col1 and panel_row4_col2 panel_row4_col1 and panel_row4_col3

How do I do it correctly? Because when I do it like the above description, it shows three columns in all tabs.

0 Karma

sideview
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Oh I see. You're a little confused. If you want the Tabs module to drive the Switcher's switching, then the Switcher must be downstream from the Tabs. Take a look at the documentation for the Switcher module. By which I mean go to the documentation page and then view the source of that page, either as an XML file or in the Sideview Editor.

0 Karma

lemikg
Communicator

indeed, that question is based on the thread you mentioned. I already had a look at the switcher and implemented that as well, but I have no idea where to continue now.

Should I add anything else to switcher?

http://splunk-base.splunk.com//storage/ent.jpeg (pls ignore the html-module after the switcher)

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

What's new in Splunk Cloud Platform 9.1.2312?

Hi Splunky people! We are excited to share the newest updates in Splunk Cloud Platform 9.1.2312! Analysts can ...

What’s New in Splunk Security Essentials 3.8.0?

Splunk Security Essentials (SSE) is an app that can amplify the power of your existing Splunk Cloud Platform, ...

Let’s Get You Certified – Vegas-Style at .conf24

Are you ready to level up your Splunk game? Then, let’s get you certified live at .conf24 – our annual user ...