All Apps and Add-ons

config promlems on xendesktop 7 app

nicolay_koecher
Explorer

Hi,

I already installed xendesktop 7 app like discribed in install.pdf - but where exactly do I have to put the below folders.

1. TA-XD7-Broker goes to Xendesktop
  2. TA-XD7-VDA goes on all DesktopServers

thanks for your support

0 Karma

jconger
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

TA-XD7-Broker goes on your XenDesktop Broker. Another named used for the XenDesktop Broker is the Delivery Controller. This is the server responsible for distributing applications and desktops, managing user access and optimizing connections to applications. One or more delivery controllers make up a single site.

TA-XD7-VDA goes on any system where you installed the Citrix VDA (Virtual Delivery Agent). These are the virtual or physical machines
hosting applications to be delivered to users. VDAs register with the Broker/Controller.

As Andreas stated, these should be copied to

%ProgramFiles%\SplunkUniversalForwarder\etc\apps

on your Citrix servers depending on their role in the XenDesktop site.

0 Karma

nicolay_koecher
Explorer

Hi,

allready put the folders there - but still got no data. What else do I have to setup?

cheers Nico

0 Karma

schose
Builder

depends on your deployment. did your forwarder configured for forwarding events? is your indexer configured for receiving? are the inputs activated? is data present in the indexes?

0 Karma

schose
Builder

Hi,

Put your TA apps to

%programfiles%\splunkforwarder\etc\apps

Regards,

Andreas

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Join Us for Splunk University and Get Your Bootcamp Game On!

If you know, you know! Splunk University is the vibe this summer so register today for bootcamps galore ...

.conf24 | Learning Tracks for Security, Observability, Platform, and Developers!

.conf24 is taking place at The Venetian in Las Vegas from June 11 - 14. Continue reading to learn about the ...

Announcing Scheduled Export GA for Dashboard Studio

We're excited to announce the general availability of Scheduled Export for Dashboard Studio. Starting in ...