All Apps and Add-ons

bug report: Splunk Add-on for Microsoft Security incorrect handling special characters

Arnoud
Engager

Hi,

Just started using the  Splunk Add-on for Microsoft Security and found out that in ms_security_utils.py on line 137 and 138 request.compat.quote_plus is used. However that gives a incorrect format when the client_id or client_secret has special caracters init like + or =   , it will replcae them with %3 and %5

To get the plugin working I just removed request.compt.quote_plus

Kind regards,

Arnoud

Labels (2)
0 Karma
1 Solution

richgalloway
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

That's a Splunk-supported app so you can file a support request (if you have a support plan) to get it fixed.

If you're unable to submit a support request then go to https://ideas.splunk.com where the bug report is more likely to be seen by someone who can do something about it (all ideas are reviewed by Splunk Employees, unlike Community postings).

---
If this reply helps you, Karma would be appreciated.

View solution in original post

Arnoud
Engager

Thanks for you reply! Unfortunately I don't have a support plan😐  But I will fill in a new idea on the url you mentioned!

0 Karma

richgalloway
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

That's a Splunk-supported app so you can file a support request (if you have a support plan) to get it fixed.

If you're unable to submit a support request then go to https://ideas.splunk.com where the bug report is more likely to be seen by someone who can do something about it (all ideas are reviewed by Splunk Employees, unlike Community postings).

---
If this reply helps you, Karma would be appreciated.
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Observability Highlights | January 2023 Newsletter

January 2023New Product Releases Splunk Network Explorer for Infrastructure MonitoringSplunk unveils Network ...

Security Highlights | January 2023 Newsletter

January 2023 Splunk Security Essentials (SSE) 3.7.0 ReleaseThe free Splunk Security Essentials (SSE) 3.7.0 app ...

Platform Highlights | January 2023 Newsletter

January 2023Peace on Earth and Peace of Mind With Business ResilienceAll organizations can start the new year ...