All Apps and Add-ons

'add server' button disabled

raisomain
Explorer

Some silly question...anyone knows why 'add server' button could be disabled?
I could use it before, but now can not, ask around on my team & nobody seems making changes.

alt text

0 Karma

PavelP
Motivator

Hello @raisomain ,

it could be a sync problem, splunk cannot connect to the previosly configured f5 server(s) and waits until sync done:

# manage_servers.js:
    // enable #addServerBtn until servers is ready?
    servers.on("sync", function() {
        $("#addServerBtn").removeAttr("disabled");
    });

can you see anything in $SPLUNK_HOME/var/log/splunk/*.log ?

Edit: actually I think my assumption was wrong, scratch that

0 Karma

tauliang
Communicator

I don't have any issue with my setup.

Server: Splunk Enterprise 8.0, Splunk Add-on for F5 BIG-IP 3.1.0 running on Mac OSX 10.15.4.

Client: Google Chrome Version 81.0.4044.129 (Official Build) (64-bit)

What is the error you see in your browser's developer tool (under Chrome, it is under More Tools-->Developer Tools) console?

F5

0 Karma

ifeldshteyn
Communicator

Did you ever figure this out?

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Built-in Service Level Objectives Management to Bridge the Gap Between Service & ...

Wednesday, May 29, 2024  |  11AM PST / 2PM ESTRegister now and join us to learn more about how you can ...

Get Your Exclusive Splunk Certified Cybersecurity Defense Engineer Certification at ...

We’re excited to announce a new Splunk certification exam being released at .conf24! If you’re headed to Vegas ...

Share Your Ideas & Meet the Lantern team at .Conf! Plus All of This Month’s New ...

Splunk Lantern is Splunk’s customer success center that provides advice from Splunk experts on valuable data ...