All Apps and Add-ons

Why some of the RESTAPI not reporting data to Splunk?

sarvesh_11
Communicator

Hey Splunkers!
I know most of the Geniuses are busy in .conf2019 at this time 🙂

I have a question, we have configured several REST APIs they were reporting data to splunk. Bt now, i am getting the data only from some of them. While if i hit the Endpoint URL directly on browser, i do get the data on the browser.

I am passing the credentials to EndPoint URL through CyberArk to all the APIs, initially i thought there could be the glitch between CyberArk passing the credentials, but if this is so, then none of the API should report the data.

TIA

0 Karma

woodcock
Esteemed Legend

Broken pipe means that the connection was broken mid-stream. Usually this means that a third party such as oomkiller got involved.

0 Karma

woodcock
Esteemed Legend

You are going to have to share more details (and I don't mean credentials).

0 Karma

sarvesh_11
Communicator

Hey @woodcock ,
When i check the splunkd logs of the APIs for which data is not coming, i get following message:

WARN HttpListener - Socket error from 127.0.0.1 while accessing /servicesNS/nobody//data/inputs/rest//: Brokren pipe

INFO ExecProcessor - Removing status item "/opt/splunk/etc/apps/rest_ta/bin/rest.py (rest://) (IsModInput=yes).

We are using Splunk Enterprise 7.2.

We have seen this socket error, Broken pipe previously in our older version (6.6.0), then we have upgraded the splunk version also we had maximize the ulimits, but still we are getting the same.

Surprisingly if disable and again enable the APIs , the data will get report to splunk.

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Introducing the Splunk Community Dashboard Challenge!

Welcome to Splunk Community Dashboard Challenge! This is your chance to showcase your skills in creating ...

Wondering How to Build Resiliency in the Cloud?

IT leaders are choosing Splunk Cloud as an ideal cloud transformation platform to drive business resilience,  ...

Updated Data Management and AWS GDI Inventory in Splunk Observability

We’re making some changes to Data Management and Infrastructure Inventory for AWS. The Data Management page, ...