All Apps and Add-ons

Why my website monitoring only check 1 time

wangsimingxaxis
Explorer

HI guys, I installed the website monitoring in our Splunk Search head. but it seems like only do the check one time when I restart Splunk. after that it just leave there, like over 10hrs. without next check.

But I already setup the interval to 5m in input setting.

for example:
[web_ping://www_google_com]
interval = 5m
title = www.google.com
url = http://www.google.com

Any idea ?

0 Karma
1 Solution

LukeMurphey
Champion

Check the "Logs" dashboard for logs indicating errors in the input. You can view this by launching the Website Monitoring app and navigating to "Health" > "Logs" from the top nav bar.

Let me know what it says (especially for logs with "Error" severity).

View solution in original post

0 Karma

LukeMurphey
Champion

Check the "Logs" dashboard for logs indicating errors in the input. You can view this by launching the Website Monitoring app and navigating to "Health" > "Logs" from the top nav bar.

Let me know what it says (especially for logs with "Error" severity).

0 Karma

wangsimingxaxis
Explorer

Hi Luke, thx for ur reply,

It works after I removed some very long string URL, and I also see below error message in log

2017-01-18 22:12:09,258 ERROR A connection exception was thrown when executing a web request, this can happen if the domain name, IP address is invalid or if network connectivity is down or blocked by a firewall, see url=http://lukemurphey.net/projects/splunk-website-monitoring/wiki/Troubleshooting

and ERROR Execution failed

I am trying to narrow down the range to find which url is not match the request.

will let you know ,

thanks,

0 Karma

LukeMurphey
Champion

You can just give me the very long URL (perhaps in email if it is sensitive) and I'll take it from there. As soon as I have a repro, I should be able to fix it.

0 Karma

LukeMurphey
Champion
0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Routing logs with Splunk OTel Collector for Kubernetes

The Splunk Distribution of the OpenTelemetry (OTel) Collector is a product that provides a way to ingest ...

Welcome to the Splunk Community!

(view in My Videos) We're so glad you're here! The Splunk Community is place to connect, learn, give back, and ...

Tech Talk | Elevating Digital Service Excellence: The Synergy of Splunk RUM & APM

Elevating Digital Service Excellence: The Synergy of Real User Monitoring and Application Performance ...