All Apps and Add-ons

Why is there no option for S3 input data configuration in the online sandbox after installing the Splunk App for AWS?

pprevollo

I installed AWS S3 app/plugin into splunk enterprise and could config my input S3 bucket at "Input Data" -> s3 option all ok.
Put when trying to do the same at sandbox (because the product i want to use is splunk cloud) it doesnt work, it allows me to install the AWS plugin/app but then i dont have the "Input data" option, only "Add data" for other types of files (text)
Is this only because of sandbox version?, as I mention i want to confirm that i'll have this option at splunk cloud similar to Splunk enterprise.

0 Karma

gkanapathy
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

You should use this app https://apps.splunk.com/app/1876/ instead of the one named "Splunk App for AWS".

0 Karma

pprevollo

Thanks for the answer, i verified, that the app i am using

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Webinar Recap | Revolutionizing IT Operations: The Transformative Power of AI and ML ...

The Transformative Power of AI and ML in Enhancing Observability   In the realm of IT operations, the ...

.conf24 | Registration Open!

Hello, hello! I come bearing good news: Registration for .conf24 is now open!   conf is Splunk’s rad annual ...

ICYMI - Check out the latest releases of Splunk Edge Processor

Splunk is pleased to announce the latest enhancements to Splunk Edge Processor.  HEC Receiver authorization ...