All Apps and Add-ons

Why is the SplunkforPaloAltoNetworks running double datamodel acceleration when installed on the indexers ?

yannK
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

I noticed that the app SplunkforPaloAltoNetworks is running 5 scheduled searches, and 1 accelerated datamodel
I understand that they need to run on the search-head, but I also installed it on the indexers, and the are running double searches now, causing unnecessary load, and accelerating an extra copy of the datamodel, that is not used.

Can you confirm if the app should be deployed on the indexers.
Or if they do if the scheduled searches and datamodels have to be disabled on the app copy on the indexers ?

0 Karma

adonio
Ultra Champion

Hello yannK
please read the docs regarding the app:
http://pansplunk.readthedocs.io/en/latest/getting_started.html
the TA is to be on indexers and search heads
the App itself only on Search Heads. now you have searches running both on Indexers and Search Head causing overload and double results on the data models.
kindly remove the app from Indexers and keep it on the Searhc Head onlly

0 Karma

hardikJsheth
Motivator

Following link will help you in finding out if you require app on indexer or not.
https://wiki.splunk.com/Community:HowIndexingWorks

Ideally if there are any props / transforms extractions which are applied at index time then only you need it on indexer otherwise it's not required on indexer.

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Index This | I am a number, but when you add ‘G’ to me, I go away. What number am I?

March 2024 Edition Hayyy Splunk Education Enthusiasts and the Eternally Curious!  We’re back with another ...

What’s New in Splunk App for PCI Compliance 5.3.1?

The Splunk App for PCI Compliance allows customers to extend the power of their existing Splunk solution with ...

Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud

Register to join us !   In this Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud Tech Talk, you'll see how to ...