All Apps and Add-ons

Why is Perfmon Memory not showing up in Windows Server 2008 R2?

anzianojackson6
Explorer

I've installed the 6.3.4 forwarder on a Windows 2008 r2. It's got the Splunk Add-on for Microsoft Windows and perfmon enabled, but no perfmon memory is coming across. I'm thinking it's an OS problem. It is enabled and the forwarder has been restarted several times. It's grabbing Perfmon: PhysicalDisk/CPU/Network, etc, but no Memory.

inputs.conf

## Memory
[perfmon://Memory]
counters = *
disabled = 0
interval = 60
object = Memory
0 Karma

danielsofoulis
Path Finder

I'm having the same issue.

0 Karma

sylbaea
Communicator

Here is what I use in my environment:

[perfmon://Memory]
useEnglishOnly=true
showZeroValue = 1
instances = *
object = Memory
counters = % Committed Bytes In Use; Available MBytes; Pages Input/sec;Free System Page Table Entries;Pages/sec
interval = 60
disabled = 0

Also, if you think it is an OS problem... Have you simply try to use perfmon directly to confirm the related counters still work as expected ?

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Index This | I am a number, but when you add ‘G’ to me, I go away. What number am I?

March 2024 Edition Hayyy Splunk Education Enthusiasts and the Eternally Curious!  We’re back with another ...

What’s New in Splunk App for PCI Compliance 5.3.1?

The Splunk App for PCI Compliance allows customers to extend the power of their existing Splunk solution with ...

Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud

Register to join us !   In this Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud Tech Talk, you'll see how to ...