All Apps and Add-ons

Why are the Splunk AWS instances are not showing up in the topology view in Splunk App for AWS?

splunkapprentic
Explorer

alt text

Hi Splunkers,

1. how can I debug why I don't have the instances in AWS Topology?

2. is any relation with the topology layers like CPU Utilization and Network Traffic with the Instances, although the reports are populating correctly the CSVs.

I have the latest version of aws and aws add-on deployed on my instances.

thanks.

0 Karma

eljefe-3
Loves-to-Learn Lots

I am having the same problem with instances not populating within the Topology dashboard.  I have verified the searches and they appear to be on schedule and have executed.  I am not sure which search is specifically used to populate instances.  

0 Karma

p_gurav
Champion

Can you check all topology related saved searches are enabled and returning data?

0 Karma

splunkapprentic
Explorer

yes, the funny fact is I can't find any Config: Topology Data Generator saved search

0 Karma

p_gurav
Champion

did you check to search and reports in setting?

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Introducing the 2024 Splunk MVPs!

We are excited to announce the 2024 cohort of the Splunk MVP program. Splunk MVPs are passionate members of ...

Splunk Custom Visualizations App End of Life

The Splunk Custom Visualizations apps End of Life for SimpleXML will reach end of support on Dec 21, 2024, ...

Introducing Splunk Enterprise 9.2

WATCH HERE! Watch this Tech Talk to learn about the latest features and enhancements shipped in the new Splunk ...