All Apps and Add-ons

Why am I getting an error when installing splunk enterprise security on Windows 10?

bussagovind

hi dear ,

Am facing a issue while installing splunk enterprise security on my windows10 system it showing error called 

"Splunk enterprise Setup Wizard ended Prematurely" plz tell me the solution for this.......!

Labels (2)
0 Karma

SanjayReddy
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Hi @bussagovind 

I assume you are trying to install Splunk Enterprise, Not the Splunk Enterprise App.

Hope you are having correct permission(Admin access) and using compatible splunk  Enterprise version for installation (64bit or 32 bit ) , to match with your system configuration.

please run try to install the .msi file as administrator , by right click on the file. 

if that doesnt work can you try to to clean installation  from cmd using following command 

Replace <splunk forwarder......>.msi with actual msi name and location 

msiexec.exe /i splunkforwarder_x64.msi AGREETOLICENSE=yes SPLUNKUSERNAME=SplunkAdmin SPLUNKPASSWORD=Ch@ng3d! /quiet

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

.conf24 | Registration Open!

Hello, hello! I come bearing good news: Registration for .conf24 is now open!   conf is Splunk’s rad annual ...

Using the Splunk Threat Research Team’s Latest Security Content

REGISTER HERE Tech Talk | Security Edition Did you know the Splunk Threat Research Team regularly releases ...

SplunkTrust | 2024 SplunkTrust Application Period is Open!

It's that time again, folks! That's right, the application/nomination period for the 2024 SplunkTrust is ...