All Apps and Add-ons

Why Splunk Add-on for AWS 1.1.0 Beta does not list EU-Central-1 region?

msenebald
Explorer

Hi,

just a short question did someone manage to use the Splunk Add-on for AWS to connect to EU-Central-1 ?
It is not listed and produces at other points some errors.

I used the 1.1.0 Beta since i hoped there is the most recent api for AWS included. I had a similar problem in a another area using AWS Python SDK and not using the most recent version. The SDK couldn't return with the EU-Central-1 Region.

Does someone has the same experience? Or a quick fix. I realize this is a beta but still.

Thanks for any feedback.

BR

0 Karma
1 Solution

jcoates_splunk
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

Hi, you should use the 1.0.1 version instead, which has support for the new region. The 1.1.0 beta is purely for testing AWS Config, which is only available in the Virginia region at this time. When AWS Config is more widely available, we will reintegrate the 1.0 maintenance release changes before we release 1.1.0.

View solution in original post

jcoates_splunk
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

Hi, you should use the 1.0.1 version instead, which has support for the new region. The 1.1.0 beta is purely for testing AWS Config, which is only available in the Virginia region at this time. When AWS Config is more widely available, we will reintegrate the 1.0 maintenance release changes before we release 1.1.0.

jcoates_splunk
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

by the way, we've release the final 1.1.0 now, which also has support for the new region.

Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Index This | I am a number, but when you add ‘G’ to me, I go away. What number am I?

March 2024 Edition Hayyy Splunk Education Enthusiasts and the Eternally Curious!  We’re back with another ...

What’s New in Splunk App for PCI Compliance 5.3.1?

The Splunk App for PCI Compliance allows customers to extend the power of their existing Splunk solution with ...

Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud

Register to join us !   In this Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud Tech Talk, you'll see how to ...