All Apps and Add-ons

When trying to display dashboard with SolarWinds data on a monitor, why am I unable to Add Custom URL?

christopherHal1
Engager

I'm new to Slideshow. i have a monitor that displays some SolarWinds dashboards, and I'd like to use the Add Custom URL to add a SolarWinds dashboard to the list. I've tried to add it with no luck. i just get a blank page once its on that list item. I inspected it when its running and found this:
Refused to display 'https://solarwinds********' in a frame because it set 'X-Frame-Options' to 'sameorigin'.

I've added the option x_frame_options_sameorigin = false to the web.conf, but this has not resolved the issue.

Anyone have an answer or a fix?

Tags (1)
0 Karma
1 Solution

LukeMurphey
Champion

This is due to a restriction in Solarwinds' website which prevents your web-browser from showing the frame. To make it work, Solarwinds would need to change their website to not include the 'X-Frame-Options' header value of 'same-origin'.

View solution in original post

0 Karma

LukeMurphey
Champion

This is due to a restriction in Solarwinds' website which prevents your web-browser from showing the frame. To make it work, Solarwinds would need to change their website to not include the 'X-Frame-Options' header value of 'same-origin'.

0 Karma

christopherHal1
Engager

Yup that was a fix, i found it just after i posted the question. Here is the exact Solarwinds doc on how to disable this.

https://support.solarwinds.com/Success_Center/Network_Performance_Monitor_(NPM)/Knowledgebase_Articl...

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Introducing the 2024 SplunkTrust!

Hello, Splunk Community! We are beyond thrilled to announce our newest group of SplunkTrust members!  The ...

Introducing the 2024 Splunk MVPs!

We are excited to announce the 2024 cohort of the Splunk MVP program. Splunk MVPs are passionate members of ...

Splunk Custom Visualizations App End of Life

The Splunk Custom Visualizations apps End of Life for SimpleXML will reach end of support on Dec 21, 2024, ...