All Apps and Add-ons

Website Monitoring App - Installation Issue

Communicator

I have installed the Splunk Website Monitoring app, however I am getting an issue. Basically on the setup page I keep getting the error message shown below. I have cleared the browser cache/tried different browsers/stopped services/restarted Splunkd/reduced RAM being used to drop by 50%.

Encountered the following error while trying to update: Splunkd daemon is not responding: (u'Error connecting to /servicesNS/nobody/website_monitoring/apps/local/website_monitoring/setup: The read operation timed out',)

Is anybody abel to help me with this please?

Cheers

1 Solution

Communicator

the following command showed that it had actually taken the proxy settings, even it showed the error.

| rest /services/admin/website_monitoring | transpose

I then added the URLs which I wanted to monitor and all is working

View solution in original post

Communicator

the following command showed that it had actually taken the proxy settings, even it showed the error.

| rest /services/admin/website_monitoring | transpose

I then added the URLs which I wanted to monitor and all is working

View solution in original post

Champion

The timeout issue is a known problems with Splunk on Windows. Despite the error message, the setup routine ususally completes

0 Karma

Communicator

I am just trying to run on a single laptop at the moment to test, which is Win 7

0 Karma

Champion

Are you using Search head pooling, are you deploying with deployment server, Nix/Windows?

0 Karma