All Apps and Add-ons

Using Splunk to track Jasper Data

bbartholow

Is there anyone out there that has used Splunk to monitor their Jasper Reports? We are looking to use Splunk to monitor the audit data including, inputs used, reports run, report execution times, etc. We have chosen Splunk over the standard Jasper reports so that non-technical users can get a quick snapshot of how things are going in production easier.

Tags (1)
0 Karma

Damien_Dallimor
Ultra Champion

This should be pretty easy to accomplish with Splunk.

I see that the Jasper Audit data gets written to files and can also be exported with command line tools.And it seems to be pretty well structured into key/value relationships.

Do you have an example of a typical audit file entry ?

0 Karma

Damien_Dallimor
Ultra Champion

Form Googling the Jasper Admin guide , I see there is a Jasper command line utility that can export audit events "js-export --audit". So you could have a job that periodically performs this export , and then have Splunk monitor the directory to where the export files are getting written to.

0 Karma

bbartholow

From what I see it only logs it's audit to a database right now.

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Index This | I am a number, but when you add ‘G’ to me, I go away. What number am I?

March 2024 Edition Hayyy Splunk Education Enthusiasts and the Eternally Curious!  We’re back with another ...

What’s New in Splunk App for PCI Compliance 5.3.1?

The Splunk App for PCI Compliance allows customers to extend the power of their existing Splunk solution with ...

Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud

Register to join us !   In this Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud Tech Talk, you'll see how to ...