All Apps and Add-ons

Using SQL Server table for Lookups

dbuchanan46

Hello,

I've created a DB connection to a SQL Server database that contains client names associated with client IDs we have in our Splunk logs. I would like to use this connection to pull Client names for our Splunk reports, but all information I see regarding the use of lookup tables includes using Python scripts. Is there an easier way than adding scripts?

Thank You

Tags (1)
0 Karma

martin_mueller
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

DB-backed lookups are part of the DB Connect app: http://apps.splunk.com/app/958/

araitz
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

To add to martin's answer, I think the best way to use db connect 1.x for lookups is to:

1) Create a db input that indexes the information into Splunk
2) Create a standard CSV-based lookup from the information indexed in step 1
3) Apply the lookup to the hosts/sources/sourcetypes that you want to annotate with the lookup information.

Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Built-in Service Level Objectives Management to Bridge the Gap Between Service & ...

Wednesday, May 29, 2024  |  11AM PST / 2PM ESTRegister now and join us to learn more about how you can ...

Get Your Exclusive Splunk Certified Cybersecurity Defense Engineer at Splunk .conf24 ...

We’re excited to announce a new Splunk certification exam being released at .conf24! If you’re headed to Vegas ...

Share Your Ideas & Meet the Lantern team at .Conf! Plus All of This Month’s New ...

Splunk Lantern is Splunk’s customer success center that provides advice from Splunk experts on valuable data ...