All Apps and Add-ons

Unable to initialize modular input "upload_pcap" after 6.5.2 upgrade

sloshburch
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

I just did my 6.5.1 -> 6.5.2 upgrade and seeing this message on my indexers:

Search peer <hostname_removed_by_sloshburch> has the following message: Unable to initialize modular input "upload_pcap" defined inside the app "splunk_app_stream": Unable to locate suitable script for introspection.

I haven't dug into it yet but figured I'd throw it out there if anyone ran into this as well.

0 Karma
1 Solution

sloshburch
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

I believe I found this to be pinpointed to the issue that apps living in master-apps or slave-apps folders were not being loaded for initialization. I've created a bug to track this behavior.

View solution in original post

sloshburch
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

I believe I found this to be pinpointed to the issue that apps living in master-apps or slave-apps folders were not being loaded for initialization. I've created a bug to track this behavior.

freakyzoidberg
Engager

Do you know what happened to that bug report?, I am seeing the same issue on 6.6.2 (with a different modular input)

0 Karma

sloshburch
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

Fair question. So...I'm on a plane right now, hence no bug ID to provide to you at this time. While it has been addressed for an upcoming build (as in, not yet released) keep in mind the usual legal Safe Harbor that there's no promises and always a chance it doesn't make it. But I'm optimistic and happy with how it was addressed internally. I hope to chime back here once I see the fix roll out (assuming it does). Thanks for checking in.

0 Karma

vshcherbakov_sp
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

perhaps your indexers got a upload_pcap:// stanza in one of the inputs.conf files replicated from the SH? It should be benign though

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

What's new in Splunk Cloud Platform 9.1.2312?

Hi Splunky people! We are excited to share the newest updates in Splunk Cloud Platform 9.1.2312! Analysts can ...

What’s New in Splunk Security Essentials 3.8.0?

Splunk Security Essentials (SSE) is an app that can amplify the power of your existing Splunk Cloud Platform, ...

Let’s Get You Certified – Vegas-Style at .conf24

Are you ready to level up your Splunk game? Then, let’s get you certified live at .conf24 – our annual user ...