All Apps and Add-ons

Unable to extract mixed json from the splunk log

karthi25
Path Finder

I want to extract the mixed json object from the splunk log, my logs are in the following format:

2019-03-06 07:31:48 - {
  "Reference" : {
    "Success" : {
      "name" : "TEST",
      "type" : "type1",
      "payload" : {
        "endTime" : "2019-03-06 07:31:48",
        "level" : "INFO",
        "srcCount" : 0,
        "sucCount" : 0,
        "startTime" : "2019-03-06 07:31:38",
        "pubCount" : 9
      }
    }
  }
}

Now I want to get the result like:

....| stats sum(pubCount) as totalPubCount

I tried with the below query;

| rex field=_raw "(?msi)^\[[^=]+=(?.+)\]$"
 | spath input=my_json 
 | rename pubCount AS publishedCount 
 | stats sum(publishedCount) as totalPublishedCount

But, It is not working. Since am not that much familiar with the regex, can anyone please help me with the right solution.

0 Karma

DMohn
Motivator

Have you tried using the spath command here?

<your base query> | spath output=extractedPubCount path=Reference.Success.payload.pubCount | stats sum(extractedPubCount) as totalPubCount

Reference here: https://docs.splunk.com/Documentation/Splunk/latest/SearchReference/Spath

0 Karma

karthi25
Path Finder

@DMohn Thanks for your reply. Sorry I tried it before, it is not returning anything. My log contains datetime like "2019-03-06 07:31:48 - " before the json. So first we need to extract the json from the mixed log then we need to proceed with spath .Please correct me if am wrong.

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Introducing the 2024 SplunkTrust!

Hello, Splunk Community! We are beyond thrilled to announce our newest group of SplunkTrust members!  The ...

Introducing the 2024 Splunk MVPs!

We are excited to announce the 2024 cohort of the Splunk MVP program. Splunk MVPs are passionate members of ...

Splunk Custom Visualizations App End of Life

The Splunk Custom Visualizations apps End of Life for SimpleXML will reach end of support on Dec 21, 2024, ...