All Apps and Add-ons

Unable to add new input using Website Input app with "The input could not be saved: An error occurred" error

jrakus
Explorer

Trying to add a simple URL table using a td as separator and the output looks promising in preview however in the last step when i try to save the input it fails with the error "The input could not be saved: An error occurred"

Website is HTTP and doesn't use any auth and there's also no proxy in the way.

jkat54
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Did you try urlencoding the html tag? Example:

 <td>

jrakus
Explorer

I did, but doing that i get nothing in the preview section.
So using simple "td" as the separator returns the results in the preview section of adding the input, using it encoded as suggested gives me "No results found" error, so I'm suspecting encoding is not the way to go.

I did go through the entire setup using encoded separator and still get the same error as before "Input can not be...."

jkat54
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

See if you can find the error message that is occurring...

 index=_internal host=yourhost log_level=error OR log_level=warn*
0 Karma

jrakus
Explorer

That's was good advice and i found an error that takes me to developer's Bug:
https://lukemurphey.net/issues/1927

I'll work on that but at least i know what the problem is now.

arunsundarm
Engager

Is there any update on this one 

0 Karma

jkat54
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Sweet! When you get that, come back here and answer your own question 😉 and accept it as the answer... PLEASE

Cheers mate!

0 Karma
.conf21 CFS Extended through 5/20!

Don't miss your chance
to share your Splunk
wisdom in-person or
virtually at .conf21!

Call for Speakers has
been extended through
Thursday, 5/20!