All Apps and Add-ons

Umbrella Cisco-managed s3 bucket sync only working manually

phamanth
Explorer

Using the details in the cisco umbrella add-on for splunk.  The pull-umbrella-logs.sh runs fine manually as the user, splunk.  The sync will connect and pull logs with no issue.  However, when left to run automated via splunk local inputs.conf.  It cannot connect and fails to ingest any data.  Splunkd log entry:

ERROR ExecProcessor - message from "/opt/splunk/etc/apps/TA-cisco_umbrella/bin/pull-umbrella-logs.sh" fatal error: Could not connect to the endpoint URL

As far as I can tell, splunk should be the using the same user (splunk) in order to run the script automatically.  What might I be missing?

Labels (1)
0 Karma
1 Solution

phamanth
Explorer

Figured it out.  Silly mistake of forgetting about script running in a different shell that may or may not have environmental variables for proxy.

View solution in original post

0 Karma

phamanth
Explorer

Figured it out.  Silly mistake of forgetting about script running in a different shell that may or may not have environmental variables for proxy.

0 Karma

rajashaey
Engager

Do you know what is the frequency of arriving umbrella dns logs into s3 bucket?

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

.conf24 | Registration Open!

Hello, hello! I come bearing good news: Registration for .conf24 is now open!   conf is Splunk’s rad annual ...

ICYMI - Check out the latest releases of Splunk Edge Processor

Splunk is pleased to announce the latest enhancements to Splunk Edge Processor.  HEC Receiver authorization ...

Introducing the 2024 SplunkTrust!

Hello, Splunk Community! We are beyond thrilled to announce our newest group of SplunkTrust members!  The ...