All Apps and Add-ons

Two suggestions for options on Parrelle coordinates

pbalsley
Path Finder

I really like this graphing option!

Two suggestions for future builds.

1. An option to change the line size or thickness. I have some graphs that will only have a few data points and the line is hard to follow.
  2. Support drill down!

thank you

0 Karma

niketn
Legend

@pbalsley, have you checked out Sankey Diagram Custom Visualization built by Splunk? Seems like that is a better fit for your needs?

pbalsley
Path Finder

Yes I did check that one out, as visually it was kind of nicer. But it does not work for my needs. Parallels coordinates does, but the lines can be too thin at times and makes it hard to read.

I am visualizing multiple network traceroutes in one graph. Parallels shows the hops very nicely.

0 Karma

niketn
Legend

@pbalsley, for depicting Network Diagrams following two are better visualizations:

1) Network Topology Custom Visualization
2) AfterGlow Visualization

pjdmfi

Thanks @nikenilay, I have looked at those, but they are not what I need to do display multiple traceroutes in one visualization.

I'm still hoping the Splunk developers will add my two feature requests above.

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud

Watch Now!   In this Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud Tech Talk, you'll see how to leverage ...

More Control Over Your Monitoring Costs with Archived Metrics!

What if there was a way you could keep all the metrics data you need while saving on storage costs?This is now ...

New in Observability Cloud - Explicit Bucket Histograms

Splunk introduces native support for histograms as a metric data type within Observability Cloud with Explicit ...