All Apps and Add-ons

Trying to upgrade the Splunk Add-on for McAfee, why am I getting "An error occurred while installing the app: 400"?

randyszucs
Explorer

I'm trying to upgrade the Splunk Add-on for McAfee. I the get the following error

An error occurred while installing the app: 400 

I also tried Installing the add-on from file with the option "Upgrade app. Checking this will overwrite the app if it already exists", but I get another error:

There was an error processing the upload

Any suggestions?
Thank you,

0 Karma

hjauch_splunk
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

What operating system are you using? One suggestion: disable the add-on first, then try upgrading and see if that works. This was a workaround for another add-on that had issues with upgrading.

randyszucs
Explorer

I ended up extracting the new install file to the splunk/etc/apps/Splun_TA_mcafee directory and restarting splunk. The update was successful, but it would be nice to be able to update this via the UI or Command, both of those were fails.

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

What's new in Splunk Cloud Platform 9.1.2312?

Hi Splunky people! We are excited to share the newest updates in Splunk Cloud Platform 9.1.2312! Analysts can ...

What’s New in Splunk Security Essentials 3.8.0?

Splunk Security Essentials (SSE) is an app that can amplify the power of your existing Splunk Cloud Platform, ...

Let’s Get You Certified – Vegas-Style at .conf24

Are you ready to level up your Splunk game? Then, let’s get you certified live at .conf24 – our annual user ...