All Apps and Add-ons

Timewrap a 10 minute period of each day, by minute, over past 3-4 weeks?

bryanwurakawa
Explorer

I have a set of results which happen to occur between 4:59pm and 5:08pm each day. How can I timewrap these results with a 1 minute (x) interval?

0 Karma

bryanwurakawa
Explorer

I (almost? maybe?) solved it - but would be interested in better ways to do this:

My solution was to add the "where" clause seen below:

| timechart span=m count
| timewrap d
| where (strftime(_time, "%H:%M") > "16:58" AND strftime(_time, "%H:%M") < "17:09")

HOWEVER: The count of values in the resulting chart are really low. I had 1200 results in the 10 minute timeframe but the bar graph showed about half of that amount.

I got a better graph using:
(date_mday!=22 AND date_hour!=8) ((date_hour=16 AND date_minute="59") OR (date_hour="17" AND date_minute<"9"))
| chart count by date_minute, date_mday

but that returns a graph with x showing 0,1,2,3,4,8,59 (the minute values) - where 59 is biggest but should be first (4:59pm vs 5:0x)

0 Karma

bryanwurakawa
Explorer

To clarify, I was getting a "truncated results" message when trying like:

| timechart span=m count

| timewrap d

and I was able to get it to display properly as:

| timechart span=m count

| timewrap d

| where (strftime(_time, "%H:%M") > "16:58" AND strftime(_time, "%H:%M") < "17:09")

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Built-in Service Level Objectives Management to Bridge the Gap Between Service & ...

Wednesday, May 29, 2024  |  11AM PST / 2PM ESTRegister now and join us to learn more about how you can ...

Get Your Exclusive Splunk Certified Cybersecurity Defense Engineer at Splunk .conf24 ...

We’re excited to announce a new Splunk certification exam being released at .conf24! If you’re headed to Vegas ...

Share Your Ideas & Meet the Lantern team at .Conf! Plus All of This Month’s New ...

Splunk Lantern is Splunk’s customer success center that provides advice from Splunk experts on valuable data ...