All Apps and Add-ons

Template for Citrix XenApp: Where to copy the appropriate Universal Forwarder configuration files to the XenApp Servers?

rubeniturrieta
Communicator

Hi guys

In the "Template for Citrix XenApp app" Installation Guide, it says that I have to "Copy the appropriate Universal Forwarder configuration files to the XenApp Servers", but I don't know exactly where it is. Does anyone know where I should be? (folder )

Here's the documentation reference:

"Copy the appropriate Universal Forwarder configuration files to the XenApp Servers
By default, the Splunk Universal Forwarders installed on the XenApp servers earlier do not do anything. A Universal Forwarder configuration (called an add-on) needs to be copied to the appropriate XenApp servers based on role. The Splunk Universal Forwarder configurations can be found in the following location on your Splunk server:
$SPLUNK_HOME\etc\apps\TemplateForXenApp\appserver\addons
There are 3 add-ons to distribute to the XenApp servers.
1. TA-XA6x-Server goes on all XenApp servers that host user sessions.
2. TA-XA6x-ZDC goes on all dedicated Zone Data Collectors
3. TA-XA6x-XML goes on all servers designated as Citrix XML servers
4. List item"

Any help, i'll be very grateful

Regards

0 Karma
1 Solution

jconger
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

When you install the Universal Forwarder on your XenApp server(s), you should have the following directory (assuming you used the default):

C:\Program Files\SplunkUniversalForwarder

On your Splunk server, after you install the Template for Citrix XenApp, you should have the following directory:

$SPLUNK_HOME/etc/apps/TexmplateForXenApp

Note: $SPLUNK_HOME will be wherever you installed Splunk.

Now, you need to copy the appropriate TA folders to your XenApp server(s). All XenApp servers should get TA-XA6x-Server. So copy this folder on your Splunk server:

$SPLUNK_HOME/etc/apps/TemplateForXenApp/appserver/addons/TA-XA6x-Server

To this folder on your XenApp Server(s):

C:\Program Files\SplunkUniversalForwarder\etc\apps\TA-XA6x-Server

If you have a dedicated Zone Data Collector (ZDC), copy this folder on your Splunk server:

$SPLUNK_HOME/etc/apps/TemplateForXenApp/appserver/addons/TA-XA6x-ZDC
To this folder on your XenApp ZDC:

C:\Program Files\SplunkUniversalForwarder\etc\apps\TA-XA6x-ZDC

If you don't have a dedicated Zone Data Collector, just copy TA-XA6x-ZDC to one of your XenApp servers.

Repeat the same steps above for your specified Citrix XML server (i.e. the one Web Interface or StoreFront points to). If you don't have a specific Citrix XML server, just copy TA-XA6x-XML to one of your XenApp servers.

View solution in original post

jconger
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

When you install the Universal Forwarder on your XenApp server(s), you should have the following directory (assuming you used the default):

C:\Program Files\SplunkUniversalForwarder

On your Splunk server, after you install the Template for Citrix XenApp, you should have the following directory:

$SPLUNK_HOME/etc/apps/TexmplateForXenApp

Note: $SPLUNK_HOME will be wherever you installed Splunk.

Now, you need to copy the appropriate TA folders to your XenApp server(s). All XenApp servers should get TA-XA6x-Server. So copy this folder on your Splunk server:

$SPLUNK_HOME/etc/apps/TemplateForXenApp/appserver/addons/TA-XA6x-Server

To this folder on your XenApp Server(s):

C:\Program Files\SplunkUniversalForwarder\etc\apps\TA-XA6x-Server

If you have a dedicated Zone Data Collector (ZDC), copy this folder on your Splunk server:

$SPLUNK_HOME/etc/apps/TemplateForXenApp/appserver/addons/TA-XA6x-ZDC
To this folder on your XenApp ZDC:

C:\Program Files\SplunkUniversalForwarder\etc\apps\TA-XA6x-ZDC

If you don't have a dedicated Zone Data Collector, just copy TA-XA6x-ZDC to one of your XenApp servers.

Repeat the same steps above for your specified Citrix XML server (i.e. the one Web Interface or StoreFront points to). If you don't have a specific Citrix XML server, just copy TA-XA6x-XML to one of your XenApp servers.

shawngarrettsgp
Path Finder

Hello, thanks for the clarification this helps I did not know TA-XA6x-Server went to all Xenapp servers invovled. To your point further on the ZDC & XML you say copy to "one of your" XenApp servers. We have multiple ZDC's & XML servers at each site. Do I literally only need to populate one server at each site for the ZDC & XML roles or do I gain anything from pushing to all?

0 Karma

rubeniturrieta
Communicator

Thanks you very much jconger

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud

Register to join us !   In this Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud Tech Talk, you'll see how to ...

What's new in Splunk Cloud Platform 9.1.2312?

Hi Splunky people! We are excited to share the newest updates in Splunk Cloud Platform 9.1.2312! Analysts can ...

What’s New in Splunk Security Essentials 3.8.0?

Splunk Security Essentials (SSE) is an app that can amplify the power of your existing Splunk Cloud Platform, ...