All Apps and Add-ons

TA-dmarc config page not loading.

shakti
Loves-to-Learn Lots

The Config page in my TA-dmarc app is not loading after migration...

Labels (1)
0 Karma

PickleRick
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

More words please. "after migration" can mean anything - an upgrade from version to version, an attempt to move the app between different environments, upgrade of the underlying Splunk version... We have no idea what happened in the first place.

Then there's the issue of "page not loading" - what does it mean? Does it show any errors? Do other pages of the same app load properly and only config page doesn't load?

Did you check your _internal index for errors?

0 Karma

gcusello
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Hi @shakti,

which version of Splunk and of the App are you using, and from what are you migrating?

the last apps version (4.1.1) is compatible with all the Splunk versions.

Anyway this app isn't supported.

Inthis app there are many python 3 scripts, maybe the old one is old and must be upgraded.

Ciao.

Giuseppe

0 Karma

shakti
Loves-to-Learn Lots

Thank you for your reply , Guiseppi ....the app version is 3.2.4 and splunk version is 9.0.4 ... However , I dont see any python scripts for this app in the backend ....should I upgrade the app to 4.1.1 and then see what happens?

Please do let me know what do you think?

0 Karma

gcusello
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Hi @shakti ,

there are many python scripts in the bin folder.

Anyway, upgrade the app anche check.

Ciao.

Giuseppe

0 Karma

shakti
Loves-to-Learn Lots

Hello Giuseppe,

Thanks you for your reply .. I tried upgrading it but i am getting the following error : Error connecting to /services/apps/local: The read operation timed out..... Could you please suggest any solution?

0 Karma

gcusello
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Hi @shakti ,

check the read grants that the user that's running Splunk has on the files to read and the execution grants.

And compare them with the old ones.

Ciao.

Giuseppe

0 Karma

shakti
Loves-to-Learn Lots

Hello Giuseppe,

The app is successfully upgraded ...However , now i am getting the following error while trying to access the configuration page.

"Configuration page failed to load, the server reported internal errors which may indicate you do not have access to this page.  Error: Request failed with status code 500."

Kindly assist..

0 Karma

shakti
Loves-to-Learn Lots

@gcusello

Could you please reply to my query as mentioned previously?

0 Karma

shakti
Loves-to-Learn Lots

Hello,

Can anyone please provide me a solution for the error that I am getting in the Configuration section of my TA-dmarc addon for  splunk.

Error:   Configuration page failed to load, the server reported internal errors which may indicate you do not have access to this page.
 Request failed with status code 500

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Join Us for Splunk University and Get Your Bootcamp Game On!

If you know, you know! Splunk University is the vibe this summer so register today for bootcamps galore ...

.conf24 | Learning Tracks for Security, Observability, Platform, and Developers!

.conf24 is taking place at The Venetian in Las Vegas from June 11 - 14. Continue reading to learn about the ...

Announcing Scheduled Export GA for Dashboard Studio

We're excited to announce the general availability of Scheduled Export for Dashboard Studio. Starting in ...