All Apps and Add-ons

Splunk for Windows AND Splunk for Active Directory on same Splunk instance

jeklof
Engager

Hi allknowing Splunkers,

Is there a way to get these two apps up on the same Splunk instance?

As far as i can see, the Active directory app needs the Splunk TA installed, but that cant co-exits with the Splunk for windows App. Is there a good way around this, as both apps are very usefull?

0 Karma
1 Solution

psanford_splunk
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

Hi - are you referring to the dialog box that pops up when you try to install the windows app and the windows-ta is already installed? That dialog is there to let you know that input changes you make in the windows app could impact other related inputs. If yes, if you ignore the warning you will still be able to install the windows app and proceed. We need to update the dialog message.

View solution in original post

0 Karma

psanford_splunk
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

Hi - are you referring to the dialog box that pops up when you try to install the windows app and the windows-ta is already installed? That dialog is there to let you know that input changes you make in the windows app could impact other related inputs. If yes, if you ignore the warning you will still be able to install the windows app and proceed. We need to update the dialog message.

0 Karma

jeklof
Engager

Excellent! Thanks! 🙂

0 Karma

psanford_splunk
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

You should only see the popup once after you ignore the message.

0 Karma

jeklof
Engager

Ah! Ok.. That makes sence. Thanks!

I will work around the issue by disabling the inputs in the windows app then. Is there a way to hide the dialog box that pops up?

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

.conf24 | Registration Open!

Hello, hello! I come bearing good news: Registration for .conf24 is now open!   conf is Splunk’s rad annual ...

ICYMI - Check out the latest releases of Splunk Edge Processor

Splunk is pleased to announce the latest enhancements to Splunk Edge Processor.  HEC Receiver authorization ...

Introducing the 2024 SplunkTrust!

Hello, Splunk Community! We are beyond thrilled to announce our newest group of SplunkTrust members!  The ...