All Apps and Add-ons

Splunk for Fortinet FortiOS 5: Is anyone else getting transforms errors "Regex: two named subpatterns have the same name"?

billford
Path Finder

Anyone else getting Regex: two named subpatterns have the same name. Bad regex for the field extractions in this app? I'm having a day so I want to be sure it isn't just me.

Regex: two named subpatterns have the same name.  Bad regex: (devname\=(?\S+)|clusterid\=(?\S+)) devid\=(?\S+) logid\=(?\S+) (type\=app-ctrl|subtype\=(?\S+)) (subtype\=(?\S+)|type\=app-ctrl) (timestamp=(?\S+) |)pri\=(?\S+) (user=(?\S+) group=(?\S+) profile=(?\S+) srcip\=(?\S+) srcport\=(?\S+) srcintf\=(?\S+) dstip\=(?\S+) dstport\=(?\S+) dstintf\=(?\S+) src_name=(?\S+) dst_name\=(?\S+) proto\=(?\S+) service\=(?\S+) policyid\=(?\S+) serial\=(?\S+) applist\=(?\S+) apptype\=(?\S+) app=(?\S+) action=(?\S+) count=(?\S+) filesize=(?\S+) msg\="(?[^\"]+)" vd=(?\S+) attackid=(?\S+) profiletype=(?\S+) profilegroup=(?\S+) identidx\=(?\S+) hostname\=(?\S+) url\=(?\S+)|vd\="(?[^\"]+)" attackid\=(?\S+) user\="(?[^\"]+)" group="(?[^\"]+)" srcip\=(?\S+) srcport\=(?\S+) srcintf\="(?[^\"]+)" dstip\=(?\S+) dstport\=(?\S+) dstintf\="(?[^\"]+)" src_name\="(?[^\"]+)" dst_name\="(?[^\"]+)" profilegroup\="(?[^\"]+)" profiletype\="(?[^\"]+)" profile\="(?[^\"]+)" proto\=(?\S+) service\=(?\S+) policyid\=(?\S+) identidx\=(?\S+) serial\=(?\S+) applist\="(?[^\"]+)" apptype\="(?[^\"]+)" app\="(?[^\"]+)" action\=(?\S+) count\=(?\S+) hostname\=(?\S+) url\=(?\S+) msg\="(?[^\"]+)")
            Config problem: invalid regex: transforms.conf / [extract_app-ctrlv5] / REGEX

Over and over again for each extract. I'm running 6.1.4, thanks in advance.

Bill

0 Karma

open3s
Explorer

Hi there,
There is a new version on the app. Please check if this solves your problems.
Thanks,
Open3S.

0 Karma

mad4wknds
Path Finder

I have installed the new version

I am having the same issue in 5 of my default transforms

Bad regex value: [Regex] , of param: transforms.conf / [stanza below] / REGEX; why: two named subpatterns have the same name

[extract_event_his-performancev5]
[extract_ipsv5]
[extract_trafficv5]
[extract_virusv5]
[extract_webfilterv5]

0 Karma

fortinet

i have started using it since last few days. no error so far....

0 Karma

billford
Path Finder

I can't imagine Windows making any difference, I might try that though

0 Karma

fortinet

I have installed 6.2 on windows 8

0 Karma

billford
Path Finder

I've installed it on an empty 6.1.4, 6.1.5 and 6.2 splunk (empty as in fresh install) and I get the same errors. I actually reworked it to not get the errors and to be CIM-compliant so my issue is resolved but I'm curious what version you're running.

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud

Watch Now!   In this Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud Tech Talk, you'll see how to leverage ...

More Control Over Your Monitoring Costs with Archived Metrics!

What if there was a way you could keep all the metrics data you need while saving on storage costs?This is now ...

New in Observability Cloud - Explicit Bucket Histograms

Splunk introduces native support for histograms as a metric data type within Observability Cloud with Explicit ...