All Apps and Add-ons

Splunk db connect 3.3: Can not load any driver from files [/opt/splunk/etc/apps/splunk_app_db_connect/drivers

rlmalci
Explorer

Trying to connect to Oracle OCI database. Followed the instructions in the "Connect Splunk DB Connect to Oracle Wallet environments using ojdbc8" troubleshooting guide, however, the drivers won't load. Get the following warning message: ARN com.splunk.dbx.service.driver.DriverServiceImpl - action=load_drivers Can not load any driver from files [/opt/splunk/etc/apps/splunk_app_db_connect/drivers/ojdbc8-libs/ons.jar]

0 Karma

kamaljagga
Path Finder

I tried installing jre and then jdk and updating there path in JRE Env field along with setup of JAVA_HOME variable. Both of them didn't work for me, however it worked for some people.  

0 Karma

PavelP
Motivator

can you post a result of these commands:

permission of the ons.jar file:

ls -l /opt/splunk/etc/apps/splunk_app_db_connect/drivers/ojdbc8-libs/ons.jar

permissions of the folder:

ls -l /opt/splunk/etc/apps/splunk_app_db_connect/drivers/ojdbc8-libs/

permissons of the other folder:

ls -l /opt/splunk/etc/apps/splunk_app_db_connect/drivers/

info about running splunk processes:

ps aux | grep -i splunk
0 Karma

rlmalci
Explorer

The permissions are correct and are wide open. Other drivers are loading just certain ones are not. For example the file ojdbc8.jar version 18,3 loaded but the following did not (ojdbc8-libs/ons.jar, ojdbc8-libs/oraclepki.jar, ojdbc8-libs/orail8n.jar, ojdbc8-libs/osdt_cert.jar, ojdbc8-libs/osdt_core.jar, ojdbc8-libs/simplefan.jar, ojdbc8-libs/ucp.jar, ojdbc8-libs/xdb6.jar). Are these support files for ojdbc8.jar and therefore do not have to load?
Also, is there a updated dbx.jar that is located in the /opt/splunk/etc/apps/splunk_app_db_connect/drivers folder? Where does this jar file come from?

0 Karma

kamaljagga
Path Finder

Were you able to resolve the issue ?

I have installed new dbconnect 3.6.0 on Windows 2016 Server and put all the required drivers however none of the drivers are getting loaded ?

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

.conf24 | Registration Open!

Hello, hello! I come bearing good news: Registration for .conf24 is now open!   conf is Splunk’s rad annual ...

Splunk is officially part of Cisco

Revolutionizing how our customers build resilience across their entire digital footprint.   Splunk ...

Splunk APM & RUM | Planned Maintenance March 26 - March 28, 2024

There will be planned maintenance for Splunk APM and RUM between March 26, 2024 and March 28, 2024 as ...