All Apps and Add-ons

Splunk automatically escaping the backslash character when creating/updating a snow ticket

michael3
Explorer

I'm trying to set the Description field of a ServiceNow Incident ticket through Splunk, and the string I'm passing contains a newline (\n).  But when Splunk creates/updates the ticket, either through the snowincident command or an action alert, it will automatically escape the backslash character.   So after Splunk passes the info to snow, the underlying json of the ticket looks like this:

{"description":"this is a \\n new line"}

and my Description field looks like this:

this is a \n new line

Is this something that Splunk is doing, or the ServiceNow Add-On?  Does anyone know of a way to get around this?

Labels (2)
0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Optimize Cloud Monitoring

TECH TALKS Optimize Cloud Monitoring Tuesday, August 13, 2024  |  11:00AM–12:00PM PST   Register to ...

What's New in Splunk Cloud Platform 9.2.2403?

Hi Splunky people! We are excited to share the newest updates in Splunk Cloud Platform 9.2.2403! Analysts can ...

Stay Connected: Your Guide to July and August Tech Talks, Office Hours, and Webinars!

Dive into our sizzling summer lineup for July and August Community Office Hours and Tech Talks. Scroll down to ...