All Apps and Add-ons

Splunk add-on for Unix and Linux - netstat, logs fields not extracted

faustf
Communicator

Hi guys,
I installed the Splunk App for Unix and Linux and the Splunk Add-on for Unix and Linux.

I've a problem with the sourcetype = netstat . The fields of these events aren't automatically extracted.
If I search (in verbose mode): "index=os sourcetype=netstat" this is the result:
alt text
As you can see the fields: "Proto Recv-Q Send-Q LocalAddress ForeignAddress State" are not extracted.

Instead, if I search (in verbose mode): "index=os sourcetype=iostat" this is the result is fine:
alt text

Thanks

0 Karma
1 Solution

faustf
Communicator

I've just figured out that that this is a duplicated post
The solution is to use the | multikv command in the query:

index=os sourcetype=netstat | multikv

View solution in original post

0 Karma

mgaudie_splunk
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

To make this automatic, you can add the following to your props.conf on the search head:

[netstat]
KV_MODE = multi
0 Karma

mikaellindstrom

I know this is an answered ticket but shouldn't it be fixed in the add-on so that it's automatically available to anyone without doing any manual configuration changes?

0 Karma

faustf
Communicator

I've just figured out that that this is a duplicated post
The solution is to use the | multikv command in the query:

index=os sourcetype=netstat | multikv
0 Karma

vumanhtai
Path Finder

yeah! i like your command

0 Karma

amielke
Communicator

We have the similar problem, check that the package sysstat is installed at the operation system.

0 Karma

faustf
Communicator

I checked and the sysstat package was already installed, also there are statistical logs in /var/log/sa/

The OS is Centos 6.8

0 Karma

amielke
Communicator

Which distribution is it?

0 Karma

faustf
Communicator
  • Splunk Enterprise Server 6.5.2
  • Splunk App for Unix splunk_app_for_nix 5.2.2
  • Splunk Add-on for *Nix Splunk_TA_nix 5.2.3
0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Routing logs with Splunk OTel Collector for Kubernetes

The Splunk Distribution of the OpenTelemetry (OTel) Collector is a product that provides a way to ingest ...

Welcome to the Splunk Community!

(view in My Videos) We're so glad you're here! The Splunk Community is place to connect, learn, give back, and ...

Tech Talk | Elevating Digital Service Excellence: The Synergy of Splunk RUM & APM

Elevating Digital Service Excellence: The Synergy of Real User Monitoring and Application Performance ...