All Apps and Add-ons

Splunk_TA_nix on EC2 Instances

sloshburch
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

While playing with EC2 instances, I have the Splunk_TA_nix app deployed. The cpu.sh returns nothing because sar and mpstat are not found on the EC2 host.

I understand that Linux has other ways to pull in system metrics, but things are obviously simpler if the same Splunk_TA_nix could be used everywhere I have *nix.

Anyone solve this quirk?

0 Karma
1 Solution

wvonalt_splunk
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

@Burch - you've already hit the nail on the head... just install the war package on the system and the problem is solved.

View solution in original post

wvonalt_splunk
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

@Burch - you've already hit the nail on the head... just install the war package on the system and the problem is solved.

sloshburch
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

Oh, so manually install sar or mpstat? I was hoping we were just missing some other cpu command from our cpu.sh script 😞

0 Karma

sloshburch
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

Building off my own sillyness and expanding on @wvonalt answer:

Looks like it's as simple as yum install sysstat

0 Karma

sloshburch
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

My peers also hooked me up with this link, good to share here: http://docs.splunk.com/Documentation/UnixAddOn/latest/User/Whatdataarecollected

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud

Watch Now!   In this Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud Tech Talk, you'll see how to leverage ...

More Control Over Your Monitoring Costs with Archived Metrics!

What if there was a way you could keep all the metrics data you need while saving on storage costs?This is now ...

New in Observability Cloud - Explicit Bucket Histograms

Splunk introduces native support for histograms as a metric data type within Observability Cloud with Explicit ...