All Apps and Add-ons

Splunk ODBC cannot correctly handle Japanese characters.

Suda
Communicator

Hello, I face the following issues with using Splunk ODBC 1.0.1 and Splunk 6.0.1.

I doubt Splunk ODBC 1.0.1 might not correctly handle Japanese characters.

I would appreciate your solution, if you have.

No.1

When the search results contains Japanese characters, Excel wrongly changes from Japanese characters to uncorrect characters. The "ABCあいう123" characters are changed like this.
Japanese results

No.2

When the names of saved searches contain Japanese characters, Microsoft Query doesn't correctly show the list of saved searches. Japanese characters are wrongly changed.

No.3

When the field names in the results of saved searches contains Japanese characters, Microsoft Query cannot explorer colums under the saved searches.

----- My environments -----

Splunk 6.0.1 is running on CentOS x64.
Splunk ODBC 1.0.1 and Excel 2010 is running on Windows 7.

Thank you for your greate help!

Tags (2)
1 Solution

Suda
Communicator

I confirmed Splunk ODBC 2.0 fixed No.1 and No2. Thank you for Splunk developers!

No.3

Even if the field names in the results of saved searches contain Japanese characers, Microsoft Query can explorer columns under the saved searches. But column's titles (= field names) are changed into no related names, like "列1", "列2".

So, if we want to use Splunk ODBC in Japanese environments, we need to use English in field names.

Thanks,

View solution in original post

0 Karma

Suda
Communicator

I confirmed Splunk ODBC 2.0 fixed No.1 and No2. Thank you for Splunk developers!

No.3

Even if the field names in the results of saved searches contain Japanese characers, Microsoft Query can explorer columns under the saved searches. But column's titles (= field names) are changed into no related names, like "列1", "列2".

So, if we want to use Splunk ODBC in Japanese environments, we need to use English in field names.

Thanks,

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Webinar Recap | Revolutionizing IT Operations: The Transformative Power of AI and ML ...

The Transformative Power of AI and ML in Enhancing Observability   In the realm of IT operations, the ...

.conf24 | Registration Open!

Hello, hello! I come bearing good news: Registration for .conf24 is now open!   conf is Splunk’s rad annual ...

ICYMI - Check out the latest releases of Splunk Edge Processor

Splunk is pleased to announce the latest enhancements to Splunk Edge Processor.  HEC Receiver authorization ...