All Apps and Add-ons
Highlighted

Splunk Modular Input is not showing Data Input Parameter of type Checkbox properly while adding a new input

Explorer

Dear All,

I have created a new modular input using Splunk's Add-on builder (v3.0.1). The modular input is based on a Python script which polls our REST API to ingest data into Splunk. The Modular inputs takes three Data Input Parameters, a simple textbox, a password and a checkbox. I have observed that the checkbox parameter is not rendering properly when I configure the modular input from Splunk Settings -> Data Inputs. It shows the Checbox as a simple text field with default value of False (see image below):

alt text

But when I configure the modular input from within the add-on, it properly shows the checkbox field as below:

alt text

This is kind of a weird behavior. Is that the way Splunk is supposed to show the configuration in both cases or it is a bug? Please point me towards anything which can solve this.

Let me know if you need any more information to debug this.

Regards,
Umair

0 Karma
Highlighted

Re: Splunk Modular Input is not showing Data Input Parameter of type Checkbox properly while adding a new input

Motivator

Hello @umairahmad3985

can you show your manager xml file?

also check https://docs.splunk.com/Documentation/Splunk/8.0.3/AdvancedDev/ModInputsCustomizeUI

0 Karma
Highlighted

Re: Splunk Modular Input is not showing Data Input Parameter of type Checkbox properly while adding a new input

Explorer

Hi @PavelP,

I don't have the manager.xml file because I am using the Add-on builder. Guess it doesn't use that file for creating configurations pages. All it created was four Python files.

0 Karma
Highlighted

Motivator

Hello @umairahmad3985

Add-on Builder is supported by splunk, so I've added a "Splunk Add-on Builder" tag to your question to get splunk's attention.

I hope somebody will check this post and help. Without seeing your files it is difficult to say why you get this issue

0 Karma
Highlighted

Explorer

I can share my source code as well. Please advise the proper way to do so?

0 Karma
Highlighted

Motivator

Hello @umairahmad3985

I think the proper way to build a modular input add-on manually without using the builder app, this requires more work

0 Karma