All Apps and Add-ons

Splunk MINT: Why are reports with LogCat not showing up in the errors list in the MINT management console?

siwy_wester

After adding line:

Mint.enableLogging(true);

crash reports do not appear in the errors list in the MINT management console. However, the errors counter on the dashboard page is increasing.

Without enabling LogCat logging, crash reports are visible in errors list.

0 Karma

vikkoops

I am experiencing the same issue. Here's what I have done.

[[Mint sharedInstance] enableMintLoggingCache:YES];

[[Mint sharedInstance] enableLogging:YES];

[[Mint sharedInstance] setLogging:8];

And also added sample logs:

[[Mint sharedInstance] logEventWithName:@"AlertLogLevel" logLevel:AlertLogLevel];
    [[Mint sharedInstance] logEventWithName:@"ErrorLogLevel" logLevel:ErrorLogLevel];
    [[Mint sharedInstance] logEventWithName:@"CriticalLogLevel" logLevel:CriticalLogLevel];

However I am still getting no logs on LogCat.

alt text

alt text

,Good day. I am also experiencing this issue on iOS. I am using 5.2.4 SDK. Could someone help out?

Here's what I've already done:

[[Mint sharedInstance] enableMintLoggingCache:YES];

[[Mint sharedInstance] enableLogging:YES];

[[Mint sharedInstance] setLogging:8];

And I've also added sample logs:

[[Mint sharedInstance] logEventWithName:@"AlertLogLevel" logLevel:AlertLogLevel];
    [[Mint sharedInstance] logEventWithName:@"ErrorLogLevel" logLevel:ErrorLogLevel];

However I am still getting no logs in LogCat.

0 Karma

croyal_splunk
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

Are you using one of the setLogging overload which allows you to set number of lines to collect from LogCat?

0 Karma

siwy_wester

I'm using NDK library that produces a lot of logs, so I set filter to not including it by
Mint.setLogging(String filter)
and now logs reports are visible on errors list. Do you have any limit of log lines in report?

But now the logcat output consist of a lot of lines with text:

None None None None

0 Karma

siwy_wester

No, I'm not using it.

0 Karma

croyal_splunk
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

For detailed information on Logcat Output, including views, for the latest SDK release, see Android SDK Docs.

0 Karma

croyal_splunk
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

Will you send the mobile app project key to mobilesupport@splunk.com with re: LogCat not showing up in the errors list in MINT ?

0 Karma

croyal_splunk
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

Did you go to the error instance and click on Log?

To examine the LogCat output:

Go to the Errors dashboard in Splunk MINT Management Console and click an error.
On the error details page, click Error Instances above the table.
In the View Logs column, click the icon to view a log file for a particular error instance.
0 Karma

siwy_wester

Go to the Errors dashboard in Splunk MINT Management Console and click an error.

Error is not visible on Errors list when I set:

Mint.enableLogging(true);

So I can't click on something that doesn't appears.

0 Karma

siwy_wester

The docs describing, that something should appear on errors list. There is no info why crash reports with Logcat Output aren't displayed on errors list.

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

New in Observability Cloud - Explicit Bucket Histograms

Splunk introduces native support for histograms as a metric data type within Observability Cloud with Explicit ...

Updated Team Landing Page in Splunk Observability

We’re making some changes to the team landing page in Splunk Observability, based on your feedback. The ...

New! Splunk Observability Search Enhancements for Splunk APM Services/Traces and ...

Regardless of where you are in Splunk Observability, you can search for relevant APM targets including service ...