All Apps and Add-ons

Splunk License issue : failed to parse license because

jadengoho
Builder

Hi Splunkers,

I would like to know if you have this issue on adding a Splunk license :

"Bad Request — Splunk.License: failed to parse license because: The license file with signature ********* has been revoked. Please file a case online at http://www.splunk.com/page/submit_issue.";

What might cause the issue and what the probable solution.

0 Karma

jadengoho
Builder

We've figured this out,
It seems the term license was not renewed by our client, that why it shows the error.

It's a good thing to ask the client and the sales support team for this.

0 Karma

kartm2020
Communicator

Raise a splunk support case. They will issue a new splunk.license file. Please try again.
It was worked for me.

0 Karma

jadengoho
Builder

Could you tell me what causes the issue?
Have you experienced it before?
Is it on our part of a Splunk issue itself ?

0 Karma

kartm2020
Communicator

I have asked the same question. They told it seems file might be crashed. They suggested to install the new license which they have provided.

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Built-in Service Level Objectives Management to Bridge the Gap Between Service & ...

Wednesday, May 29, 2024  |  11AM PST / 2PM ESTRegister now and join us to learn more about how you can ...

Get Your Exclusive Splunk Certified Cybersecurity Defense Engineer Certification at ...

We’re excited to announce a new Splunk certification exam being released at .conf24! If you’re headed to Vegas ...

Share Your Ideas & Meet the Lantern team at .Conf! Plus All of This Month’s New ...

Splunk Lantern is Splunk’s customer success center that provides advice from Splunk experts on valuable data ...