All Apps and Add-ons

Splunk Hadoop Connect installation problem

cowboy111

I got splunk-hadoop-connect 1.1 from here.

While trying to upload HadoopConnect-1.1-151409.tgz, I get this error on the web UI:
There was an error processing the upload.

I also tried HadoopConnect1.0 and run into same problem. My splunk version is 5.0.3

One thing I noticed, when I tried to untar the file to see whats inside, it gives me error too.

$ tar -xvzf HadoopConnect-1.1-151409.tgz 
tar: Unrecognized archive format: Inappropriate file type or format
tar: Error exit delayed from previous errors.

Can somebody confirm? Sounds like the compressed file is corrupt?

0 Karma

csharp_splunk
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

Must be something on your system. I just downloaded the file and untarred it myself:

csharp-mbp15:Downloads csharp$ tar zxvf HadoopConnect-1.1-151409.tgz
HadoopConnect/
HadoopConnect/README/
HadoopConnect/README/export.conf.spec
HadoopConnect/README/clusters.conf.spec
HadoopConnect/README/inputs.conf.spec

That's the correct place to grab it, but somehow you're ending up with a corrupt copy. Proxy or firewall doing something to the bits perhaps? Are you sure your web browser isn't automatically un-gziping it? What happens if you just tar xvf and see if maybe its getting uncompressed automatically?

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Index This | I am a number, but when you add ‘G’ to me, I go away. What number am I?

March 2024 Edition Hayyy Splunk Education Enthusiasts and the Eternally Curious!  We’re back with another ...

What’s New in Splunk App for PCI Compliance 5.3.1?

The Splunk App for PCI Compliance allows customers to extend the power of their existing Splunk solution with ...

Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud

Register to join us !   In this Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud Tech Talk, you'll see how to ...