All Apps and Add-ons

Splunk DBX and Oracle TCPS connection - Getting error

vijayakumarkb
Explorer

Hi
I was trying to connect to my oracle db using TCPS. but getting below error
IO Error: Received fatal alert: handshake_failure, connect lapse 68 ms., Authentication lapse 0 ms.

steps i did.
in connection, enabled SSl checkbox
1. in java 1.8/ cacerts - imported the corporate root certificates.[ this works for sqlDeveloper and connecting from java]
2. since it didnt worked adde the root certificates to truststore and keystore in /etc/apps/splunk_app_db_connect/certs
this also didnt worked.
3. added ojdbc8.jar into driver folder

But still it is giving me error, other TCP connections are working fine.

Kindly help

Tags (2)
0 Karma

hatalla
Path Finder

Hi Vijayakumarkb,

I wonder if you were able to resolve this because I cam getting the exact same error. things I did:

• Used ojdbc8.jar (v 12.2)
  • Imported the cert pem in both the Java store as well as the DB Connect trustore in /opt/splunk/etc/apps/splunk_app_db_connect/certs/

Running curl as in

curl --cacert /tmp/certname.pem -v https://hostname:portnumber

is successful however in DB connect under connection I am getting: "IO Error: Received fatal alert: handshake_failure, connect lapse 1 ms., Authentication lapse 0 m"

I am using DB Connect v 3.1.4 + Java v 1.8.0

Thanks

0 Karma

vijayakumarkb
Explorer

using version splunkdbx 3

0 Karma

harsmarvania57
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Hi,

Based on https://docs.splunk.com/Documentation/DBX/3.3.0/DeployDBX/Installdatabasedrivers , you need to use correct JDBC driver, for example: For Oracle 12c - ojdbc7.jar driver is supported with JDK8

0 Karma

vijayakumarkb
Explorer

I use Oracle DB version 12.2 and OJDBC jar 8, tried with 7 also.

0 Karma

harsmarvania57
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust
0 Karma

vijayakumarkb
Explorer

Thanks, i did that, but where can we see the ORA errors.
i don't see them in the logs

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

What's new in Splunk Cloud Platform 9.1.2312?

Hi Splunky people! We are excited to share the newest updates in Splunk Cloud Platform 9.1.2312! Analysts can ...

What’s New in Splunk Security Essentials 3.8.0?

Splunk Security Essentials (SSE) is an app that can amplify the power of your existing Splunk Cloud Platform, ...

Let’s Get You Certified – Vegas-Style at .conf24

Are you ready to level up your Splunk game? Then, let’s get you certified live at .conf24 – our annual user ...