All Apps and Add-ons

Splunk DB Connect v3.0.1: Enabling/Disabling a Data Lab "Input" via the GUI adds undefined key/value pairs to db_inputs.conf

keithpretz
Engager

Using Splunk DB Connect version 3.0.1, specific key fields and values are added to a locally defined db_inputs.conf file whenever a defined Data Lab "Input" is Enabled or Disabled (from the DB Connect GUI). There is both an "is_template" and "use_json_output" key/value pair that is added to the stanza for the specific "Input" in the db_inputs.conf file. A subsequent restart of Splunk outputs the following errors:

Invalid key in stanza "[Data Lab Input Name]" in /opt/splunk/etc/apps/splunk_app_db_connect/local/db_inputs.conf, line xx: is_template (value: 0).
Invalid key in stanza "[Data Lab Input Name]" in /opt/splunk/etc/apps/splunk_app_db_connect/local/db_inputs.conf, line xx: use_json_output (value: 0).

Is this a bug (i.e. why does the enable/disable action cause invalid key values to be created in db_inputs.conf)?

agarws8

I am getting the same error with Splunk DB Connect version 3.0.1 when I upgraded splunk enterprize from 6.5 to 7.0.1

Invalid key in stanza [*******] in /export/splunk/etc/apps/splunk_app_db_connect/local/db_inputs.conf, line 19: is_template (value: 0).
Invalid key in stanza [
****] in /export/splunk/etc/apps/splunk_app_db_connect/local/db_inputs.conf, line 22: use_json_output (value: 0).
Invalid key in stanza [
*****] in /export/splunk/etc/apps/splunk_app_db_connect/local/db_inputs.conf, line 40: is_template (value: 0).
Invalid key in stanza [
*******] in /export/splunk/etc/apps/splunk_app_db_connect/local/db_inputs.conf, line 43: use_json_output (value: 0).

Any help on how this was taken care of!

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Built-in Service Level Objectives Management to Bridge the Gap Between Service & ...

Wednesday, May 29, 2024  |  11AM PST / 2PM ESTRegister now and join us to learn more about how you can ...

Get Your Exclusive Splunk Certified Cybersecurity Defense Engineer at Splunk .conf24 ...

We’re excited to announce a new Splunk certification exam being released at .conf24! If you’re headed to Vegas ...

Share Your Ideas & Meet the Lantern team at .Conf! Plus All of This Month’s New ...

Splunk Lantern is Splunk’s customer success center that provides advice from Splunk experts on valuable data ...