I am trying to connect Splunk to an Oracle database using DB Connect version 3.1.3.
When setting up the connection, I get the following error when trying to save:
Cannot load connection class because of underlying exception: com.mysql.cj.exceptions.WrongArgumentException: Malformed database URL, failed to parse the main URL sections.
I have followed the instructions to setup the Oracle driver in the documentation, and have the ojdbc7.jar file from Oracle in my drivers directory.
I've tried manually editing the JDBC string using the suggestion found here; https://answers.splunk.com/answers/528512/splunk-db-connect-how-to-connect-to-oracle-db.html?utm_sou... in the second comment.
Anyone else run into this problem and find a solution?
Working on this today, I was able to get some different errors regarding TNS listeners not working using DB Connect 3.1.2.
When I removed the jtds.jar file from the drivers folder in db connect I was finally seeing those errors.
The "mysql" part of the exception leads to me believe that you might be choosing the wrong type of DB when creating the connection.
I noticed that as well, but I am selecting Oracle Service from the database connection type and I have the Oracle drivers installed according to the DB connect app.
I had the same problem in Splunk 184.108.40.206 and DB-Connect 3.2.0
I tried to made a new Oracle-DB-Connection and got mySQL error message. When I removed mySQL driver from DB-Connect I got the correct error message from Oracle jdbc driver.
As suggested here it seems to be a bug in the mySQL jdbc driver, so I updated this driver from version 8.0.11 to 8.0.19 and this seems to solve the issue.