All Apps and Add-ons

Splunk DB Connect: Connect to Oracle DB using Active Directory credentials (Kerberos Autentication)

aakwah
Builder

Hello Splunkers,

I have an issue to connect to Oracle database using Active Directory credentials (Kerberos Autentication).
Connection from Splunk DB connect to Oracle database is working fine in case of using local account created on the database.
Trying to authenticate with AD credentials I got this error:

Internal server error, originalErrorMessage=ORA-28274: No ORACLE password attribute corresponding to user nickname exists.

Thanks in advance

0 Karma

jkat54
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

This is a fundamental misunderstanding of kerberos versus active directory's NTLM implementation.

In order for Kerberos to work you have to allow the remote computer to impersonate others in your directory, and both the requester and receiver of the kerb request must trust your directory server (domain controller) for kerb auth.

Typically you achieve this by joining both servers to your active directory, and enabling kerberos on the computer that will do the auth (your splunk server in this case).

Please work with your domain admins and oracle team to configure this properly.

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Index This | I am a number, but when you add ‘G’ to me, I go away. What number am I?

March 2024 Edition Hayyy Splunk Education Enthusiasts and the Eternally Curious!  We’re back with another ...

What’s New in Splunk App for PCI Compliance 5.3.1?

The Splunk App for PCI Compliance allows customers to extend the power of their existing Splunk solution with ...

Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud

Register to join us !   In this Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud Tech Talk, you'll see how to ...