All Apps and Add-ons

Splunk DB Connect 3 - New database connection to MS SQL Server fails?

msundaram

Splunk DB Connect 3 - New database connection to MS SQL Server fails
Connection Type: MS SQL Server using MS Generic Driver
Login failed for user 'xxx'. ClientConnectionId:ec3025ad-1c75-49de-b4d0-d5cb2d0cb372

Labels (1)
0 Karma
1 Solution

ansif
Motivator

Try the below driver:

MS-SQL Server Using jTDS Driver with Windows Authentication

And

jdbc:jtds:sqlserver://:1433/master;useCursors=true;domain=;useNTLMv2=true

View solution in original post

ansif
Motivator

Try the below driver:

MS-SQL Server Using jTDS Driver with Windows Authentication

And

jdbc:jtds:sqlserver://:1433/master;useCursors=true;domain=;useNTLMv2=true

msundaram

Cool, I am able to add the connection. THanks!

0 Karma

mmoore723
Engager

When using TLS this driver is not a option. I am trying to use the MS Generic Driver with Kerberos Authentication. I am receiving the following error message: com.microsoft.sqlserver.jdbc.SQLServerException: Integrated authentication failed. ClientConnectionId:f7ce601f-e7b6-4341-bc86-41da2dab4655 . Can someone help with how to connect to a SQL DB that is using TLS. The DB is on Windows and the HF I am using DB Connect on is RHEL 6.

0 Karma

rajanala
Path Finder

make sure the krb5.conf is in the path that is provided in the JVM options.

If the krb5.conf file is not in the /etc directory, set the following option in JVM Options under the Settings tab: -Djava.security.krb5.conf=/path/to/krb5.conf

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Webinar Recap | Revolutionizing IT Operations: The Transformative Power of AI and ML ...

The Transformative Power of AI and ML in Enhancing Observability   In the realm of IT operations, the ...

.conf24 | Registration Open!

Hello, hello! I come bearing good news: Registration for .conf24 is now open!   conf is Splunk’s rad annual ...

ICYMI - Check out the latest releases of Splunk Edge Processor

Splunk is pleased to announce the latest enhancements to Splunk Edge Processor.  HEC Receiver authorization ...