All Apps and Add-ons

Splunk DB Connect 2: Why is my SQL count(*) query not working with error "Unrecognized or ambiguous rising column name [mycol] is used."?

snehalk
Communicator

Hello All,

I am trying to pull the Oracle table into the Splunk. Below is my SQL query:

select count(*) from mytable {{where $rising_column$ > ?}}  

And am giving the Primary ID column name to rising_column field, but am getting the below error:

Unrecognized or ambiguous rising column name [mycol] is used. For Oracle database, qualified column name cannot be used, use "<qualified name> (<alias>)" instead.

Could you please help me on this?

0 Karma

vasanthmss
Motivator

Hi,

I think you are trying to pass the Splunk token into SQL select statement, If so the below will help you.

|dbxquery [|stats c | eval query="select count(*) from mytable where fieldname="+$rising_column$ | return query] connection="<connection>" | table *

You can create the query string in a sub search and pass it to the dbx query. Hope this will helps you..

Thanks,
V

V
0 Karma

joao_amorim
Communicator

No, he is comparing the $rising_column$ field with the last value referred by ?

Did you tested what you said?

0 Karma

joao_amorim
Communicator

Ok thanks for the replies.

But here we are talking about DB Con v2 and not DB Con v1.

Those links are from 2012 and related to DB Con v1, I'm migrating from DB Con v1 to v2.

In v1 I don't have any problems with the statement {{where $rising_column$ > ?}}, only when I'm trying to migrate the Data Inputs to v2.

Regards 🙂

0 Karma

joao_amorim
Communicator

Any news on this topic?

Regards

0 Karma

jkat54
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

I think $rising_column$ should be a non-ambiguous column name

Something like column.Name > ?

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Welcome to the Splunk Community!

(view in My Videos) We're so glad you're here! The Splunk Community is place to connect, learn, give back, and ...

Tech Talk | Elevating Digital Service Excellence: The Synergy of Splunk RUM & APM

Elevating Digital Service Excellence: The Synergy of Real User Monitoring and Application Performance ...

Adoption of RUM and APM at Splunk

Unleash the power of Splunk Observability   Watch Now In this can't miss Tech Talk! The Splunk Growth ...