Trouble getting DB Connect v2 to connect to a MS-SQL database.
[ERROR] [__init__.py] java.lang.UnsupportedOperationException:Java Runtime Environment (JRE) version 1.8 is not supported by this driver. Use the sqljdbc4.jar class library, which provides support for JDBC 4.0. Traceback (most recent call last): File "/opt/splunk/lib/python2.7/site-packages/splunk/rest/__init__.py", line 184, in dispatch methodOutput = method() File "/opt/splunk/etc/apps/splunk_app_db_connect/bin/dbinfo.py", line 38, in handle_GET return self.get_catalogs(conn) File "/opt/splunk/etc/apps/splunk_app_db_connect/bin/health.py", line 206, in wrap_it return w.logIt (self, f, l, *args, **kwargs) File "/opt/splunk/etc/apps/splunk_app_db_connect/bin/health.py", line 177, in logIt if err : raise err AvroRemoteException: java.lang.UnsupportedOperationException:Java Runtime Environment (JRE) version 1.8 is not supported by this driver. Use the sqljdbc4.jar class library, which provides support for JDBC 4.0.
Using RHEL 6.6.
The prerequisites state to install Oracle's Java, not OpenJDK. I've done this now and it is installed in /usr/java/jre1.8.0_40 (which is where I've set DB Connect v2 to as the JRE Installation Path. I've run
sudo /usr/sbin/alternatives --config java and selected Oracle's Java. Now when I do a
java -version I get:
java version "1.8.0_40" Java(TM) SE Runtime Environment (build 1.8.0_40-b26) Java HotSpot(TM) 64-Bit Server VM (build 25.40-b25, mixed mode)
I've also installed JDBC from the Microsoft, http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?displaylang=en&id=11774. I put the jar files in the /usr/java/jre1.8.0_40/lib folder.
Unfortunately, I am still getting the error I have posted above about JRE 1.8 not supported by the driver. I suspect I have done something wrong with the JDBC driver from Microsoft. But I can't figure it out. Any suggestions?
I didn't before. I figured DB Connect v2 would use the Java directory specified in the settings as /usr/java/jre1.8.0_40. But I just copied the sqljdbc4.jar over there, different message. Now getting login credential issues. So it appears this was the fix. I didn't realize it had to be in that specific directory. Thank you.
Yes, kind of. I was trying to use LDAP account credentials, but DB Connect v2 only accepts SQL account credentials. There was a separate Splunk Answers post that helped me out: http://answers.splunk.com/answers/228878/how-to-connect-splunk-db-connect-2x-to-ms-sql-usin.html. Although I didn't implement this workaround. Basically, I read it as DB Connect v2 does not support domain or LDAP authentication easily and it must be SQL account authentication.