All Apps and Add-ons

Splunk DB Connect 2: Why am I getting a JDBC connection error trying to connect to a DB2 database on ZOS?

srinathd
Contributor

While trying to connect to DB2 on a ZOS database, I'm getting the following error:

Validating connection with URL [jdbc:db2://ServerName:5124/DBName] failed: com.ibm.db2.jcc.am.SqlSyntaxErrorException:com.ibm.db2.jcc.am.SqlSyntaxErrorException: [jcc][t4][10509][13454][4.19.26] Connection to the data server failed. The IBM Data Server for JDBC and SQLJ license was invalid or was not activated for the DB2 for z/OS subsystem. If you are connecting directly to the data server and using DB2 Connect Unlimited Edition for System z, perform the activation step by running the activation program in the license activation kit. If you are using any other edition of DB2 Connect, obtain the license file, db2jcc_license_cisuz.jar, from the license activation kit, and follow the installation directions to include the license file in the class path. ERRORCODE=-4230, SQLSTATE=42968

I have installed db2jcc4.jar file on the Splunk machine to connect to the DB2 database. What steps do I have to follow on the Database machine to allow jdbc connections?

0 Karma
1 Solution

Lazarix
Communicator

According to the log, you're missing db2jcc_license_cisuz.jar from the classpath. Can you locate this file anywhere and put it into the classpath?

View solution in original post

Lazarix
Communicator

According to the log, you're missing db2jcc_license_cisuz.jar from the classpath. Can you locate this file anywhere and put it into the classpath?

srinathd
Contributor

This needs to be done on Splunk side?

0 Karma

Lazarix
Communicator

Yes. In the same location you put the jar file for that driver (probably /opt/splunk/etc/apps/splunk_app_db_connect/bin/lib) , put that file in there also.

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Routing logs with Splunk OTel Collector for Kubernetes

The Splunk Distribution of the OpenTelemetry (OTel) Collector is a product that provides a way to ingest ...

Welcome to the Splunk Community!

(view in My Videos) We're so glad you're here! The Splunk Community is place to connect, learn, give back, and ...

Tech Talk | Elevating Digital Service Excellence: The Synergy of Splunk RUM & APM

Elevating Digital Service Excellence: The Synergy of Real User Monitoring and Application Performance ...