All Apps and Add-ons

Splunk DB Connect 2: I've established connection to the database, but why am I getting error "Unable to connect to rpcserver" when executing a query?

balbano
Contributor

Hello,

I have established 2 connections to 2 different databases using the same DB account.

I have confirmed via the Splunk DB Connect 2 app that I am able to successfully connect to the DB.

However, when trying to execute a query, I get the following error message:

External search command 'dbxquery' returned error code 1. Script output = " ERROR "Exception at ""/opt/splunk/etc/apps/splunk_app_db_connect/bin/dbxquery.py"", line 82 : Unable to connect to rpcserver, please check rpc.log: [Errno 111] Connection refused" "

When I try to tail the RPC Log and re-attempt the query, I do not see any output.

Any ideas on why this would fail if I am able to successfully connect to the DB? The DB account I am using has read-only access to the databases.

Any help anyone can provide me would be great.

Thanks.
Brian

jcoates_splunk
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

there is an RPC server that acts as a wrapper around the JDBC code (and a client-server for resource pools if you're using that). When you're in the DB Connect 2 app, do you see a green dot next to "RPC Server running"? When you click on that, what do the resulting logs say?

jkat54
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust
0 Karma

balbano
Contributor

This appears to be a RPC connection issue but I am not sure of what the source / destination connections would be.

If someone can clarify that I would appreciate it.

Thanks.
Brian

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Routing logs with Splunk OTel Collector for Kubernetes

The Splunk Distribution of the OpenTelemetry (OTel) Collector is a product that provides a way to ingest ...

Welcome to the Splunk Community!

(view in My Videos) We're so glad you're here! The Splunk Community is place to connect, learn, give back, and ...

Tech Talk | Elevating Digital Service Excellence: The Synergy of Splunk RUM & APM

Elevating Digital Service Excellence: The Synergy of Real User Monitoring and Application Performance ...