All Apps and Add-ons

Splunk App for Windows Infrastructure: How to disable setup wizard or LDAP configuration?

mlorch
Path Finder

I upgraded from V1.0.4 to V1.1.1. Splunk is running on 6.2.0. Now automatically the setup comes up asking me to configure LDAP. I don't want to use LDAP search (although Add-on for Active Directory 2.0.1 is installed now). I only want to see the dashboard based on index=perfmon again.
So my question is: How can I disable the setup wizard? Should be something like setting configured = true in splunk_msftapp.conf?
Or can I explicitly disable LDAP?
Thanks.

0 Karma
1 Solution

mlorch
Path Finder

Workaround: I modified /django/splunk_app_windows_infrastructure/static/splunk_app_windows_infrastructure/page_prechecks.js
Now the App doesn't force the setup wizard. But it's still possible to start it manually (Menu "Tools and Settings / Guided Setup").

View solution in original post

mlorch
Path Finder

Workaround: I modified /django/splunk_app_windows_infrastructure/static/splunk_app_windows_infrastructure/page_prechecks.js
Now the App doesn't force the setup wizard. But it's still possible to start it manually (Menu "Tools and Settings / Guided Setup").

malmoore
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

Since this is an accepted answer, I have added it as a workaround.

Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Webinar Recap | Revolutionizing IT Operations: The Transformative Power of AI and ML ...

The Transformative Power of AI and ML in Enhancing Observability   In the realm of IT operations, the ...

.conf24 | Registration Open!

Hello, hello! I come bearing good news: Registration for .conf24 is now open!   conf is Splunk’s rad annual ...

ICYMI - Check out the latest releases of Splunk Edge Processor

Splunk is pleased to announce the latest enhancements to Splunk Edge Processor.  HEC Receiver authorization ...