All Apps and Add-ons

Splunk App for Vmware 3.0 No data displayed

Lazarix
Communicator

Hi all,

I've got the splunk app for vmware on a trial and under the collection config, everything is configured. I have a green tick on the data collection node, and green ticks on the virtual centre, VC credentials and syslog validation.
It also reports that it is monitoring 14 hosts, which is correct.

Disturbingly, in 3 hours, the vclog has indexed 1.39GB of data (1,000% of my current daily usage!) yet under home, or proactive monitoring or any other tab or page, nothing at all is displayed.

0 Karma
1 Solution

abhide_splunk
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

Couple of checks:

1. Have you clicked the green "Start scheduler" button at the bottom of the "Collection Configuration" dashboard. If you have not then data collection would not have started. If you have then the button text should read "Stop scheduler".

2. Have you checked to make sure your user has the required roles assinged. See point number 6: http://docs.splunk.com/Documentation/VMW/latest/Install/InstallontheISH. Without these roles assigned to the user the data wont show up.

3. Also in the "App Install health" view under the "Settings" menu you should be able to see what data is being indexed.

View solution in original post

abhide_splunk
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

Couple of checks:

1. Have you clicked the green "Start scheduler" button at the bottom of the "Collection Configuration" dashboard. If you have not then data collection would not have started. If you have then the button text should read "Stop scheduler".

2. Have you checked to make sure your user has the required roles assinged. See point number 6: http://docs.splunk.com/Documentation/VMW/latest/Install/InstallontheISH. Without these roles assigned to the user the data wont show up.

3. Also in the "App Install health" view under the "Settings" menu you should be able to see what data is being indexed.

i2sheri
Communicator

Thanks @abhide # 3 is very helpful, I missed the roles for my user.
Now I see data but no performance data

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

.conf24 | Registration Open!

Hello, hello! I come bearing good news: Registration for .conf24 is now open!   conf is Splunk’s rad annual ...

Splunk is officially part of Cisco

Revolutionizing how our customers build resilience across their entire digital footprint.   Splunk ...

Splunk APM & RUM | Planned Maintenance March 26 - March 28, 2024

There will be planned maintenance for Splunk APM and RUM between March 26, 2024 and March 28, 2024 as ...