All Apps and Add-ons

Splunk App for VMware: vCenter Linux appliance 6.0 integration issue

splunk24
Path Finder

i am installing the new Splunk App for VMware.
i have completed the esxi logs
and OVA to get performance data

but i am facing an issue in getting the vcenter data from linux vcenter appliance 6.0
as per the documentation, it was mentioned to install the universal forwarder in vcenter appliance but client is not agreeing to the same
they are able to send the data through syslog server but issue is every thing is coming as file only. but Splunk_TA_vcenter component is expecting three different inputs directory and props based on the directory and type of file , it is dividing the data in to different sourcetype
but with out any knowledge of data how can i differentiate as expected by TA .
kindly help ASAP

0 Karma

bparekh_splunk
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

This feature is provided in the newer version of the app which will be released in few weeks. In that, you don't need to configure inputs. You will get more detail from the Splunk docs.

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

What's new in Splunk Cloud Platform 9.1.2312?

Hi Splunky people! We are excited to share the newest updates in Splunk Cloud Platform 9.1.2312! Analysts can ...

What’s New in Splunk Security Essentials 3.8.0?

Splunk Security Essentials (SSE) is an app that can amplify the power of your existing Splunk Cloud Platform, ...

Let’s Get You Certified – Vegas-Style at .conf24

Are you ready to level up your Splunk game? Then, let’s get you certified live at .conf24 – our annual user ...