All Apps and Add-ons

Splunk Alerts getting triggered to ServiceNow using Splunk Add-on for Service Now gets truncated

spl_unker
Explorer

Hi Splunkers

Im using "Splunk Add-on for Service Now"  to send  triggered alerts to servicenow.

Im trying to pass the alert name , alert time to the short description field in service now. In Service now i see the results populated but it gets truncated exactly at 80 character . 

I checked with service-now team as well in my organisation and they dont have any such limit at their end.

Additionaly when i checked the add-on i see the index_lenght =80 check has been used in the addon code. will this could be the reason behind the results getting trucated. Any one else faced this issue?

Code Snippet :

#
# SPDX-FileCopyrightText: 2021 Splunk, Inc. <sales@splunk.com>
# SPDX-License-Identifier: LicenseRef-Splunk-8-2021
#
#

APP_NAME = "Splunk_TA_snow"

DEFAULT_RECORD_LIMIT = 3000
DEFAULT_DISPLAY_VALUE = "false"

FIELD_SEPARATOR = "||"
INDEX_LENGTH = 80

FILTER_PARAMETER_MIGRATION_STANZA = "filter_parameter_migration"
SETTINGS_CONF_FILE = "splunk_ta_snow_settings"

CHECKPOINT_COLLECTION_NAME = "Splunk_TA_snow_inputs_checkpointer"
Labels (1)
0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Webinar Recap | Revolutionizing IT Operations: The Transformative Power of AI and ML ...

The Transformative Power of AI and ML in Enhancing Observability   In the realm of IT operations, the ...

.conf24 | Registration Open!

Hello, hello! I come bearing good news: Registration for .conf24 is now open!   conf is Splunk’s rad annual ...

ICYMI - Check out the latest releases of Splunk Edge Processor

Splunk is pleased to announce the latest enhancements to Splunk Edge Processor.  HEC Receiver authorization ...