All Apps and Add-ons

Splunk Add-on for Microsoft Windows: How to disable this add-on on all Universal Forwarders?

sbattista09
Contributor

If i wanted to disable Splunk Add-on for Microsoft Windows on all Universal Forwarders (6.4.4) and only use my own app to collect Windows logs, what would be the best way to do this? I was going to make a directory in deployment apps named the same thing as the app on the UF's "splunk_ta_windows" and set it to disable in app.conf.

any thoughts?

0 Karma
1 Solution

gcusello
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Hi sbattista09,
go in your Deployment Server and delete splunk_ta_windows from all your Server Classes.
Bye.
Giuseppe

View solution in original post

gcusello
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Hi sbattista09,
go in your Deployment Server and delete splunk_ta_windows from all your Server Classes.
Bye.
Giuseppe

sbattista09
Contributor

I do not have that defined in my server classes.

0 Karma

gcusello
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Hi sbattista09
This means that in your installation procedure you flagged the Windows flags.
So, create a Server Class containing all your windows server, insert in it a disabled version of splunk_ta_windows and deploy it.
This should disable your TA.
Bye.
Giuseppe

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Index This | I am a number, but when you add ‘G’ to me, I go away. What number am I?

March 2024 Edition Hayyy Splunk Education Enthusiasts and the Eternally Curious!  We’re back with another ...

What’s New in Splunk App for PCI Compliance 5.3.1?

The Splunk App for PCI Compliance allows customers to extend the power of their existing Splunk solution with ...

Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud

Register to join us !   In this Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud Tech Talk, you'll see how to ...